Assistant Visual Manager - Livingston
Units 3 - 8 Designer Outlet Village
Livingston, United Kingdom
Job No.: 262936 DATE POSTED: 13/11/2018
JOB STATUS: Sourcing
As a member of the store’s leadership team the Assistant Visual Manager through strong communication and influencing skills and a hands on focused attitude drives the visual strategy and standards within the store. The Assistant Visual Manager will create a visually stunning store through implementing and elevating the brand guidelines and developing and coaching the visual team.
Drives Business Results
- Drives the analysis of performance through the business KPI’s.
- Maintains awareness of competition and reacts appropriately through visual solutions.
- Increases KPIs through effective product presentation and store merchandising.
- Is confident with using in store sales reports in order to explain product and layout moves.
- Frequently references in store sales reports to react to business needs and create working templates for the visual team.
- Has ability to challenge and drive the in store visual proposition to maintain brand integrity while not compromising commerciality.
- Influences store strategy by working closely with store manager/ team to align visual goals with that of the store and district.
- Has a 3 to 6 month view of the business and forward plans for flows, corporate visual ideas and succession planning for visual team.
- Knows all stores KPIs and targets, how the store is performing to those targets and has plans in place to achieve results in all areas of influence.
- Balances driving sales, achieving tasks with protecting the bottom line in all resource decisions.
- Prioritises daily and weekly tasks to deliver results to support the store manager in protecting the bottom line.
- Demonstrates ability to influence at Store Manager/ District Manager and District Visual Coordinator level to agree key visual decisions in store.
Ambassador for the Store and Brand
- Delivers outstanding visual presentation and effective merchandise and inventory management.
- Brand standards are delivered to a high standard through appropriate discretion for store environment.
- Coaches the visual and store team through providing up to date brand guidelines.
- Can manage teams across 4 brands within one store environment.
- Supports the Store Manager to provide outstanding leadership to the store team generating high levels of motivation and commitment.
- Ensures the team have up to date and relevant product knowledge and adequate selling skills and has expert product and knowledge insight.
- Encourages an open environment for ideas and innovation.
- Builds a strong working relationship with store team and District Manager to influence key visual decisions.
- Sets clear objectives and measures for the team, monitors process, progress and results.
- Gives focus to the team on visual priorities.
- Sets development goals for visual team at Associate and Supervisor level and oversees their ongoing development.
- Is aware of own areas of strengths and development needs and sets goals in partnership with store manager and DVC, using IDP to drive development.
- Fosters open dialogue with DVC and supports the role as part of own development.
- Holds store team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance.
- Takes responsibility for stock management around sell through, new product and supporting the replenishment system.
- Supports the store manager in the operations of the store.
- Leads efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through education, awareness and compliance.
- Ensures supply chain efficiency through data integrity in store.
- Delivers effective payroll management in the store.
- Demonstrates visual merchandising and display skills at a senior or management level and has ability to train and coach others.
- Demonstrates creative skills and ability to coach in mannequin styling.
- Demonstrates creative skills and visual understanding of layout interpretation and fixture placement.
- Can articulate and feedback creative solutions at management level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to plan effectively to respond to changes in priorities.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on visual merchandising skills.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and handle multiple competing demands.
- Strong knowledge of a similar retail environment at senior or manager level.
- Demonstrated management skills as an Associate Manager or Supervisor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business may require weekends and evening shifts. Overnights may be required.